Incontinence Pad Regular Minky Light Blue
This Eco Incontinence Regular Minky Light Blue pad features:
Bamboo Charcoal with a waterproof PUL (polyurethane laminate) backing that goes against your underwear to help to prevent leaking. Consisting of 5 layers, Bamboo Charcoal top layer (against the skin), 2 layers absorbent microfiber, 1 layer super absorbent Bamboo and a PUL waterproof backing.
Very soft, comfortable to wear and kind on the skin causing less skin irritations to those women who suffer with sensitive skin. These pads have the natural antibacterial quality of bamboo, are highly absorbent and allow your skin to breath.
These pads are a healthier alternative to disposable pads and more cost efficient for you.
How many cloth Incontinence pads are needed:
This will depend on your needs and how often bladder leaks occur each day and how often you would like to wash. If you have a constant bladder leak you will need to change every couple of hours to reduce the chance of skin irritation. If you only have the occasional leak you will only need to change after each incident.
It’s best to wash at least every 2 days and rinse in the shower in between washing if not washing the same day. This will help prevent smells and the urine from damaging the waterproof layer.
Why use reusable cloth pads:
– Less contact with harmful chemicals
– Save money and the environment
– Cloth pads are less likely to cause rashes and contact dermatitis.
– Women with sensitive skin and allergies may prefer cloth pads.
– These cloth pads can also be used for heavy flow menstrual periods. And like all menstrual pads, reduce the risk of TSS associated with tampons.
How to Use:
– Snap up pad around underwear with the grey (bamboo charcoal) side up. There are 2 snaps on the pad to provide an adjustable fit around different underwear crotch widths.
– Change pad when required or after each accident to avoid leaks and irritation.
– For menstrual changing is usually around 4-6 hours, depending on your flow and your personal choice. However you will quickly find out the best time frame for changes.
– After use rinse pads with cold water to prevent staining & smells. Then place into a basket or mini wet bag. Pads do not need soaking, but if you want to soak ONLY use plain water.
– Cold rinse with detergent followed by a warm (40 degrees) wash with enough detergent for the load. It’s best to ‘fill out’ the machine with other washing for a more thorough wash. Hang in sun to dry or low/warm tumble dry. Do not use bleach or fabric softener.
– When you’re away from home, place pad into wet bag and cold rinse when you return home. Then wash per care instructions. Avoid washing the pads in public facilities.
– The pads are meant for personal use only and should not be shared with others.
You may be eligible for the Continence Aids Payment Scheme if you’re 5 years of age or older and have permanent and severe loss of bladder or bowel function. Click this link to check if this payment might apply to your situation.