Thong Liner Blue Galaxy Bamboo Charcoal Cloth Menstrual Pad – Light Flow
Our light thong liner sanitary pad Blue Galaxy features:
Bamboo Charcoal Liner/Light Flow Reusable Cloth Menstrual Pads with PUL (polyurethane laminate) backing that goes against your underwear to help to prevent leaking. Our reusable cloth thong pad will also suit regular briefs. They are a smaller pad and well suited to spotting, discharge and small cough/sneeze bladder leaks. If you wear a G-String/Thong or regular briefs these pads will make a great liner addition to your pad collection.
This thong liner Pad consist of 3 layers, Bamboo Charcoal top layer (against the skin), 1 layer of super absorbent microfiber and a PUL waterproof backing.
Very soft, comfortable to wear and kind on the skin causing less skin irritations to those women who suffer with sensitive skin. These pads have the natural antibacterial quality of bamboo, are highly absorbent and allow your skin to breath.
These pads are a healthier alternative to disposable pads and more cost efficient for you.
How many cloth menstrual pads are needed:
For one Cycle, we recommend between 3-4 liners, 4-8 medium/regular pads, 1-3 large pads plus 1-2 extra large pads for overnight. However, amounts will depend on your flow and the duration of your period.
Why Cloth menstrual pads:
– So much more comfortable
– Less contact with harmful chemicals
– Save money and the environment
– Cloth menstrual pads are less likely to cause rashes and contact dermatitis
– Women with sensitive skin and allergies may prefer cloth pads
– Cloth menstrual pads, like all menstrual pads, remove the risk of TSS associated with tampons
– And don’t forget about all the pretty patterns
How to Use:
– Wash before first use
– Snap pad around underwear crotch with the grey (bamboo charcoal) side up to go against the body.
– Change pad when required (usually around 4-6 hours) depending on your flow and your personal choice. However you will quickly find out the best time frame for changes.
– After use, rinse pads with warm or cold water. Then place into laundry basket or into a separate pail or wet bag. Pads do NOT need soaking.
– Wash with diapers, clothes or separately.
– On their own with the underwear, give them a 30min wash with detergent.
– Then add to the main washing load for a warm (40 degrees) long wash with the recommended amount of detergent for the size of the load. Hang on the line to dry.
– When you’re away from home, place pad into wet bag to take home for washing as above. Do NOT wash or rinse the pads in public facilities.
– The pads are meant for personal use only and should not be shared with others.
If you would like more information about bamboo cloth sanitary pads please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re happy to help with any product questions you may have including using them for postpartum maternity, incontinence or menstruation.
Hiking Pee Rag
Our cloth sanitary pads can also be used as a Pee Rag. This was a fairly new concept for us, but we’ve had hikers contact us because they are using our cloth sanitary pads as a hiking pee rag. A hiking pee rag is an alternative to toilet paper while out bush walking or hiking. Simply wipe for wee’s only, then clip onto your backpack for drying and for use later. Rinse every 1-2 days or when you can and thoroughly wash your pee rag when you get home. Using a mini wet bag could also be a good option to store dirty pee rags before washing or for toilet paper for number 2’s.