Broadbrim Ponytail Sun Hat Isla
We know the creative excuses kids give as reasons they shouldn’t wear a hat – and we’ve fixed several of them! Our Broadbrim Ponytail Sun Hat Isla features a handy little slit at the back of the hat for longer hair to pull through – no hair elastics required. Pulling the hair through not only allows for a comfortable fit for girls who like their hair in braids or ponytails, it means a cooler head and neck as it prevents hair sticking to hot bodies.
With a slightly more feminine style to the crown of the hat and extra little stitching detail, our Ponytail Broadbrim gives excellent UPF50+ protection to the head, face, neck and shoulders in great style. The soft, light fabric, elasticated band in the deep paneled crown, and anti-flop brim provide that famous comfortable Bedhead fit.
A nod to the flower-power seventies, our take on the classic large-scale floral is a little less wallpaper and a whole lot more feminine! In modern tones of yellows, peach and greens, Isla is a definite statement piece! Also available in Baby Flap Hat and Ruffle Todder Bucket.
BEST SUITED TO: Fully mobile children no longer requiring a stroller – walking, running, non-stop play!
- Ponytail keyhole – a discreet slit at the back of the hat (not a big gaping hole)
- Soft and silky-to-touch woven cotton fabric
- Made from 97% Cotton and 3% Elastane
- Elasticated soft-touch sweat band
- Our unique ‘anti-flop’ brim designed for serious fun!
- Rated UPF50+ Excellent Protection
- Tested in accordance with Australia & New Zealand Standards 4399
- Sun-Smart recommended brim depths (see tab below for measurements)
- Perfect for use in Childcare centres
- Wash & Wear – gentle cold machine wash and line dry in the shade
- ‘Return to’ label to help hats get home safely
- Stretch chin strap with adjustable toggle
NOTE: Chin strap can easily be removed if required without compromising the quality of the hat – you just need scissors!
One fact you can be sure of – no two heads are the same! ALWAYS measure your child’s head before purchasing to ensure getting the accurate size.
Step 1: Distract the child with a toy or food (so they don’t try and help you!).
Step 2: Use a measuring tape to take measurement. Otherwise use a ribbon to take the size then use a ruler to find the measurement.
Step 3: Heritage woven fabric cannot stretch quite as much as our Original & Swim jersey fabrics. We suggest purchasing a size larger to allow extra room for growth if wanting a longer length of fit
FOR EXAMPLE: The toddler measures 48cms, you will need the 50cm size – giving plenty of future wear.
Need help? Please contact us, we’re more than happy to help.
|Hat Size||Brim Depth|
|52cm / L / 2-3 years||6.5cm|
|54cm / XL / 3-6 years||6.8cm|
|56cm / XXL / 6-12 years||7cm|
|58cm / XXXL / 13 years +||7cm|